Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm now officially training

I have a plan, and I'm relatively pain free, which is all pretty choice really.

I did and 1:35 ride with Kate on Sunday, although I really wasn't feeling it. (If you want the details - 1:34.25, 36.99 km, 133 AHR). We went out and rode from Maraetai towards Kawakawa bay and back (and Kate did an additional 30 mins).

We were going to go for an off-road run on Saturday, but I couldn't find any walking trails in the Woodhill Forest. We eventually did a 20 minute run at Muriwai Beach, which was frickin' freezing, because the southerly storm hit just as we got there (hence the 20 mins).

Yesterday was a cold but gorgeous day, and we rode to Titirangi and back (1:27.23, 33.03 km, 145 AHR). Awesome ride, I absolutely loved it, and I think I've gotten a bit of cycling mojo back. You essentially climb for 16.4 km, then descend back. We stopped at Hardware Cafe in Titirangi and had some awesome brioche, and rode home.

Today I'm back swimming (so hopefully my shoulder is ok). I'm also meant to do a 20 minute run, but because of Queen's birthday was driving back from Auckland this morning, so no chance of a double workout day.

Tomorrow I'm commuting from and to Cambridge (27 km each way) which will be a good use of time and a good way to build up some bike miles. Hopefully the weather's nice to me.

All in all, I'm looking forward to starting to build up a bit of fitness again.

6 comments:

  1. You know, you could totally fit in a 20 min run and a swim, slacker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. I could go at lunch time. But I have a chiro appointment at 7:45, and also don't want to be up too late, because I have to get up early to ride tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your profile photo is hot, but I can't see it properly. Are there any bigger versions of it around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why yes:

    http://hotpotatorunning.blogspot.com/2008/12/phils-rotorua-hald-race-report-also.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I get the commuting bit!!!!! I'm slow, but I get there eventually. Welcome back to training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those compression leggins are sooooo awesome! Thanks for the link :)

    Actually, I've had to start following Kate's blog too, cos her blog name is better than yours and it somehow seems inconsistent to then follow one but not the other.

    ReplyDelete