Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Winter/spring race plan (this has got me quite excited)

Kate's planned some races, so I probably should too. I have to start a bit later than her, and also really really really want to do a mountain bike duathlon. So, here's what I've got planned:

1. NDuro off-road duathlon, Rotorua, 12 July 2009, 10:00 am (but only if Paul thinks it's a good idea - might be a bit too soon, and I'm really not keen to injure myself!);
2. Okoroire Mid Winter Fun Ride, Tirau, Sunday 26 July 2009, 9:00 am;
3. Taupo Half Marathon, Taupo, Sunday 2 August 2009, 9:00 am;and
5. Auckland Half Marathon, Auckland, Sunday 1 November 2009, 6:45 am.

Also, I'm doing the Phundamentals MTB Skills Course, Rotorua, Sunday 7 June 2009, 10:00 am with my sister-in-law's fiance, Damian. Not a race, but it will be lots of fun, so thought I'd mention it.

4 comments:

  1. I've done all those races (except the duathlon) and they are all good. Paul is doing the Okoirore ride too - a wee race in a race maybe???..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll thrash me - not only because he's faster on the bike, but because I ain't been riding much. Now a running race perhaps... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of confidence for someone who can't run 5 minutes straight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean right now, I just meant generally. But fine, you win.

    ReplyDelete