Monday, August 10, 2009

I will have photos from now on

There are none in this post. Apart from this:


This is the second image that came up in a google image search for "awesome hill". And it has a cross country skier roller skating up it. Awesome.

I searched for "awesome hill" because I rode an awesome hill on Sunday; I rode down it twice. It has a 20% gradient in part, no driveways, it's dead straight, and has a hill up the other side to slow you down. Got up to 76 km/hr by the bottom (which is only about 200 - 300 metres). Awesome.

I've realised the difference between my and Kate's blogs. Apart from witty, thought provoking (or at least mildly interesting) posts.

Photos. Hers has them. Mine does not. Mine will from now on (where possible).

Still sick. I have energy, and am mostly feeling ok. But I am sniffly and and coughing lots (although thankfully not while I exercise).

Hopefully this damn thing goes away; I'm looking forward to slowly building up the training. And training consistently for that matter!

6 comments:

  1. Phone camera = blogger's best friend. Let's go take photos of each other riding down Old Mill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- What is also funny is that I spent quite some time looking for a picture of our steep road itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now see how fast you can go up it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you come up to Akl, you boys can race ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My money's on me. I may not be good at anything else, but I back myself up a hill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the three of us would have very similar times ... you two riding up and me riding down :)

    ReplyDelete