Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Being sick sucks

While Kate has been unwell (and in fact been worse over the last couple of days), I'd been feeling a bit under the weather all last week, but got pretty bad on Friday night.

So I took the weekend off exercising. Which is a shame, but better than getting really, really sick.

I was going to run yesterday, but I found out yesterday afternoon that I had my first solo trial, which was today! So I finished in Court at 4, then had to prepare a trial! (The trial went ok, although the guy got off. I got a lot of constructive criticism from a partner who came and watched how I did, and while that's really valuable, I got a little down on myself).

But I got back into it today. I'm still not feeling 100%, and my left ITB is still pretty sore, but it doesn't seem to be a problem while running. I went for a run after work, but decided to come home first and run around the golf course near my house. So I took my ayup lights (which I have been using for my after work rides around the otherwise pitch black countryside), used the headband, and went for a run. And it was great! Not too heavy at all (even though the battery is on the strap), and meant I could go running somewhere slightly different.

Last week's training was unsurprisingly not super good, but could have been worse. I also had a swimming lesson on Thursday - I did exclusively balance work, but the dude seems good (I have two more sessions).

WARNING - super boring weekly training log:

M - 30 minute recovery ride on the trainer, because I was feeling a bit sore (I'd had my bike fit looked at, but it seems they did more harm than good).

T - 30 minute run, 5.76 kms (5.12 mins/km) - felt a bit gammy to start with, but got back into it and felt good.

W - 1.29.50 ride around the hilly route. I'd had the bike fit put back by someone else, and it seemed better. Not feeling that great, but was still a bit quicker than last week (not that it's a race!).

T - the swimming lesson (about 50 mins all up).

No comments:

Post a Comment