Thursday, April 30, 2009

More progress even (and a little geekiness for Mike)

Went for another 20 minute run on Tuesday - 2 minutes walking, 2 minutes running. My right knee a little sore, but not in the same way, more achey than anything else (so more typically patellofemorally).

Wednesday had another massage, which loosened things up a bit more (and he worked on my TFL, which was very tight and painful). The man really is a genius.

Thursday did a 45 minute ride on the trainer with no hassles. I'm going to do an hour on the trainer after work today, a 25 minute walk/run tomorrow, then an hour or so of Kate's Sunday ride.

And, I'm stretching my a** off (not literally, although there is lots of glute/piriformis stretching going on...).

Mike - because I owe you some geekiness - check out the SportTracks software, and what some of the plugins can do. Very, very cool (although a little complicated, given it's all open source designed). I can't get the GPSPower plugin to work properly (can't work out how to set up bike equipment on it) - but it does look cool - a poor man's power meter if you like (well, poor man's to the extent that I own a GPS watch, but not a power meter...).

Once I'm up and training, I'm very interested in getting either WKO+ or Raceday - both of which can take your GPS data, fix the elevation profile, then give you an equivalent 'flat' pace - so you can effectively compare how hard you worked on a hilly, and consequently slow, run.

1 comment:

  1. All I have is a poor man's GPS - www.mapmyrun.com :( Would love a PowerTap :)

    ReplyDelete