Sunday, April 26, 2009

Some progress...

The massage appears to have helped (touch wood), so I am cautiously optimistic.

On Saturday I went for a 20 minute run walk (200 metres walking, 200 metres running) - no pain. Not much, but the last 20 minute run walk I did in early February hurt, so that's good.

On Sunday I did an hour of Kate's three hour ride. I was riding at a steady aerobic pace, on the flat, but no discernible pain (a little when I stood out of the saddle, but I can't expect perfection straight away!).

I'm going for another massage on Wednesday, to have another crack at any residual tightness, then I'll keep building up from there.

So - everyone send me your positive injury recovery vibes - June start here I come (once again, touch wood).

P.S. Kate is rocking the bike - she's looking heaps more comfortable and natural, which rocks.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Go ME! (and you, I guess..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're touching alot a wood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's definitely a punchline in there Kathy but I'm not going there! :)

    Positive injury recovery vibes coming your way Phil. Here's to a June return.

    ReplyDelete