Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekly wrap

No swimming this week (for obvious reasons), but it was a good week training. I took a complete week off after the crash, and eased back into the following week. Back into it properly this week, and felt pretty good.

My running technique is coming along nicely, and I definitely feel like I've got a lighter/quicker stride - I'm trying to focus on a mid-foot landing, and also keeping my feet on the ground for as short a period of time as possible, with a high cadence. Thus far it feels pretty good. And I'm liking the new shoes, which seems to be helping with said running technique.

M - 30 min run (9 mins running, 1 min walking), 4.96 km, 160 AHR (a little bit tough - unsurprising given the time off);

T - 20 min run, 3.49 km, 149 AHR (felt better than Monday's run, included 3 x 1 minute walk breaks)/50 minute trainer ride (getting used to new position), 147 AHR;

W - outdoor ride after work - using my new mountain bike lights (from Ayup), which rocked, 1 hr 22 mins, 34.49 km, 150 AHR (felt great, and was good to ride outdoors);

T - 40 min run (9 mins running/1 min walking, felt good), 6.44 km, 147 AHR;

S - 40 min hillyish run with Kate (continuous), 6.14 km, 149 AHR; and

S - 2 hr 20 min ride up the Waitakere ranges (was quite wet in parts, which made the descent a bit slower than it would normally have been), 52.71 km, 143 AHR.

Still no swimming this week, but I might be able to get back into it the following week.

1 comment: