Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feeling really good last week (not so much this week)

I won't bore you with the details - if you're interested in what I've been doing, you can check them out on the Buckeye Outdoors plugin.

Last week was a good training week. For various reasons, I missed a swim (and didn't make it up), but I got everything else done, and I did it well.

I commuted again on Wednesday, and was 5 and 8 minutes quicker respectively for the rides to and from work than I was in June (same HR).

I did a 20 minute high end aerobic interval during the long run on Saturday, and I held 4:24 mins a km, which I'm happy with.

I did a long (longer than I was supposed to, but we had a lot of mucking around) ride on Sunday, and although at times the pace was pedestrian, we did some great climbs, and I did a bit of a TT on the way back home around the waterfront, and I was comfortably holding 35 - 40 km/hr while staying aerobic. See Kate's post for a good run down on the ride.

We did a run some 2 hours later, and I was able to hold sub 5 minute km's while staying easily aerobic.

I am feeling good.

Well, sort of. I felt like I might be coming down with something (and having Dad think it's ok to cough all over the house might not be helping), so I have taken the last couple of days off. We have the Legend Half this weekend (my first stand a long half marathon) and I want to be healthy. Plus, after this week, the hours start building up, so I don't want to risk coming down with something nasty. I'm feeling a lot better today, and will see how I feel tomorrow.

On the injury front, everything seems to be going pretty well. I'm feeling strong.

So touch wood (double, in fact)!!

2 comments:

  1. Pictures???, powertap analysis???, threshold test results??? ... just asking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate has the pictures. I've given you the watts on Buckeye. I haven't finished reading the book yet (and I'm hardly going to do the test in the week when I'm worried about coming down with something, am I!).

    ReplyDelete